This is an interesting variation of the traditionally baked brownies. These rich, dense goodies are ready to eat in less than half an hour.
3/4 cup (100 gms) dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup Siro digestive biscuits, crushed
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup (80 grams) mixed nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashewnuts), chopped
Butter for greasing
- Grease a 6” x 6” square cake tin.
- Combine the chocolate and butter and melt over a double boiler (put the pan containing chocolate in a larger pan filled a third with water), stirring at regular intervals, till it resembles a smooth sauce.
- Remove from heat, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into the greased tin and refrigerate until set.
- Once set, cut into wedges, garnish with slivered almonds and swirls of the cream and serve chilled.